I am being a Mean Mommy!
Delaney is still not sleeping through the night and her pediatrician at her 6 month appt said she is capable of sleeping through the night. Avery slept through the night at 4 months and has been a pretty good sleeper ever since. The only problem is that Avery was formula fed since about 3 months and was in her crib in her own room at 4 months. Delaney is exclusively breastfed and so I am new to this from that aspect of things. She is still waking up 2-3 times a night and I am exhausted. I was venting my frustrations to my sister yesterday and she told me that I needed to basically nip it in the bud. When other moms explain similar situations, I am usually the one thinking, oh they need to stop those things. I never had to swaddle Avery to sleep, I never had to rock her to bed, I never had problems with her sleeping in her crib, I never had problems with her taking a bottle, a pacifier, or eating problems. But, now I am eating my own words! Delaney is the complete opposite. My dad told me last night, "what goes around, comes around." So, I guess he is implying that I deserve this:)
So, yesterday, I started Baby Boot camp! Delaney usually will only nap if I am lying down next to her, or takes short cat naps on me through out the day. I realize that this has to end. So, yesterday after trying for 30 mins, I finally got her to fall asleep by herself for 2 hours. It was in her swing but baby steps, right?! She probably would of slept longer, but her sister went and ripped off her blanket and turned on the light. UGH, but at least it was something.
Recap of last night: Nursed her at 9:30, down at 10. She woke up at 1:30. I rocked, shushed, tried to give her binky, patted. I can't let her cry it out or our neighbors would flip out! I finally got her to sleep at 2:00 for her to wake back up 4 mins later. Mean mommy broke, gave in, and fed her. Back to sleep at 2:30, up at 4:30, fed her, and then back up 6!
I am not going to give up, she will not win! On to day #2 of Baby Boot camp. We will see how it goes.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You will have to be mean mommy for a week and then delaney will have nice mommy back when she can sleep all night long...
poor baby girl needs to cut that junk out! Sophie slept last night from 11:00 to 6:00... and she is 2 months old, and breastfed! I'm not saying it to rub it in, just merely to show you that it can be done! :) (Well, maybe to rub it in a little- that's what sisters are for, right?? ;) )It's just gonna suck while you are trying to get her transitioned! You can do it pumba! You'll thank yourself for this next month when she is sleeping like a pro and you aren't sleep deprived.
I feel your pain. Good luck!
Post a Comment