Thursday, December 14, 2006
VIVA LA MEXICO..
Well not Mexico but pretty darn close to it! Viva la Laredo! We are all packed up and ready to hit the road to Laredo. It has been such a LONG week getting everything ready to move and to get moved in. I really hope Laredo isn't full of the imcompetant people we have encountered just trying to move into our apt OR I'm in trouble. It seems like the apt management just could not get anything done correctly, but it was WAY to late in the game to try and find another apt and possibly go through all of this again. At the end of last week we had to clean up a mess that all started with getting a money order down to the apt managers. Brian thinking that money order is the same thing as a money transfer, transfered the money down there via Western Union, after doing all of this and Brian catching a flight to DFW for training, we find out that they can't pick up western union monies that it has to be UPSed or something overnighted to the office! So to make a long story short, we lost over 50 dolares in handling fees. Then just on Tuesday they tell us what apt we can move into but then tell us we thought you wanted to move in by next Thursday not this Thursday and you need to have your gas and utilities turned on. Well that would be great and all but YOU need to tell us what apt we are moving into to get it all done. So Brian calls to get everything hooked up, while people are over helping us move waiting on his direction (big mess) and the energy people can't be there until Friday of course between 8 and 5. What kinda crap is that. So we call the apt people back and they of course tell us..Im sorry we can't let you move in until the power is turned on, its against our policy. By this time I am fuming mad and just about to refuse to move to Laredo and stay put in an empty apt! This has been such a nightmare, but we have it all worked out and we are excited for our new adventure. I have found out that I DO indeed need to work on my espanol bc every place that I called they answered the phone in a really fast giber jaber which is called the spanish language and I have not an earthly idea what they said. In National Geographic they did an article on the wealthy and girls in a debutaunt pageant kinda thing and there was a statment saying that EVERYONE who lives in Laredo is bilingual! WELL I have something to tell them..they are about to meet one girl who is soo WHITE and sooo TEXAN they won't understand what hit them. ViVA LA MEXICO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Espero que usted se divierta vivir en Laredo. Usted necesita obtener un maestro para ayudarlo a aprender espaƱol. te quiero...
haha. have brian help you translate that.
Post a Comment