Why can't a tv commercial be just that, a commercial. Entertaining, meant to make someone laugh and thats it. I watched the superbowl and Brian and I both saw the Snickers commercial with the two men kissing...a Lady and the Tramp moment with a snickers bar. We both laughed, thought it was cute and remember the commercial and that it was a snickers commercial. But now the ad has been pulled from the tv and the gay and lesbian rights have gotten involved d/t the homophobic undertones from it. I have a problem with everything being turned into a gay or straight issue, a race issue or whatever it may be. I do agree that some of the things people say shouldn't be said or words they use shouldn't be used, but why can't people just take it for the laugh that it was meant to be. Brian and I never thought about the "gay" look of the ad, if anything it made men laugh at themselves! I liked the commercial and I think its about time that people stopped looking for controversy and enjoy life! I might be hypocritical after the fact of writing about Prince..but I will step off my soapbox now.
On to better things...Avery. I can't believe she is almost 7 months old! I was talking to Brian about how I miss the "baby"ness of her but I am enjoying watching her grow and learn and do new things everyday. She has learned to bounce up and down in her excersaucer. I get a kick out of watching her giggle and enjoy her surroundings. I love the moment right before she goes down for a nap, she is soo snuggley and lovey, I just want to soak every minute up. I am so grateful and thankful that I have had this opportunity to stay home with her. I am so thankful for the moments I have with her and all these new milestones she is hitting. I only wish Brian could be here with us too and that we would still get a paycheck:)
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment