BUT not sooo much for my thighs!!!
Brian's parents had a lot of jalapenos from their garden that needed to be used up, so I found a recipe to do so. (So Dad, if you are reading this, you HAVE to do this with all of yours from your garden!)
I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman, and if you don't know her blog...I suggest you go and google her right now or just click on her name. She has great recipes.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies
Jalapenos
Bacon
Cream Cheese
Cut jalapenos in half, scoop out all the seeds and membranes (depending on what level of heat you want your peppers to be). Fill jalapeno with softened cream cheese. Wrap jalapeno with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
We cooked these on the grill last night and they were a HUGE hit. The bacon and cream cheese really balance out the heat of the pepper.
If you don't want to cook these on the grill, Pioneer Woman says you can cook them at 375 on a pan with a rack (so the grease can escape) and cook for 20-25 mins!
Promise me next time you need appetizers that you will make these!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've had this recipe, and it IS really yummy! Thanks for the link to Pioneer Woman...cool stuff!
Post a Comment