Friday, October 27, 2006

I am a murderer:(

Yesterday Avery and I had a play date with a friend in Huntsville and on my way back home a little cat ran out in front of my car! I was going 60 on a two lane street and had my baby in the back seat and the cat ran out of nowhere. I couldn't risk swerving to miss it and do more damage and to my horror I heard the THUMP! In the rear view mirror I could see the cat lying in the road motionless. I have NEVER ever run over an house pet...ie cat, dog. I have run over armadillo, skunks and squirrels but not someone's PET. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if I should of stopped. I would be the type of person to load the animal in my car and take it somewhere for help, but shame on me...I kept on driving! I feel horrible about my decision, was I wrong? Should I have stopped, could I have done something to save the cat? Is there a little girl crying tonight because her seeing eye cat is dead? I feel so guilty dang it! My husband and family's comments went something like this...."At least it wasn't a human, At least it wasn't a dog, I am going to call Animal cruelty on you and report the murder, Oh your going to hell now!" I now belong to the club of other accidental animal killers.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

seeing eye cat? come on now... : )