Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rolling....


After the last posts talking about how all I wanted was to be a Super mom in the eyes of my daughter.....well yesterday changed all of that! We usually will put Avery in the bend of the couch if we are holding her and need to jump up and do or grab something. I jumped up to make a bottle for her,which you really need two hands to do with these Playtex Air Vent bottles (too many attachments), so I put her in the bend of the couch which we have done countless of times before. She was her normal fussy when she gets hungry, no change in tone or volume of fussiness and when I got back to the living room (right next to the kitchen) she wasn't on the couch!! To my horror she was lying on her back under the coffee table! She had either pushed herself across the couch or rolled off the couch on to the floor. When I picked her up, thinking I had just ruined and damaged the most precious thing in the world to me, she giggled and cooed at me. She was so content eating her bottle as I was inspecting her head and body for bumps and bruises and the nurse in me in my mind was playing the phone call to her daddy on the way to the ER. But to my delight she was bump and bruise free! She was her happy smiling self! What a blessing!
The above picture is of Avery in her Wyoming onesie that Brian's dad got her. Brian was raised in Wyoming before moving to Texas a few years ago, he says he is a Wyoming cowboy, which I usually laugh at. The only true cowboys are from Texas. Avery has Wyoming in her blood but she is a born Texan, wherever we live, she will always be a Texan!

No comments: